Loup Loup is excited to offer Luge Sledding to the Northwest and is indeed the very first area in the Western U.S. to offer Luge Sledding.
Luge Sledding will be open on weekends and holiday weeks throughout the season. The Loup will offer periodic free instructional clinics on how to Luge Sled safely. Luge sledding is a physical activity which does involve some walking and requires some level of fitness. Like any snowsport there is risk associated with participating in luging.
Book a Luge Reservation
- A single reservation slot is open for each luge time. Reservations are restricted to one household-unit per Luge appointment time.
- When planning your ride, please keep in mind that children 6-9 years old must ride with an adult. Children aged 10 and above may ride solo upon approval. No children under the age of 6.
- The price of the base reservation will be $144.00, or $36 per person times four seats.
- One additional seat is available per luge reservation time in the additional sledders section, after the base reservation is selected, at $36 per person. This one additional seat is only available as an add-on to the base reservation, which means that after the base reservation is made, no other group is able to book a reservation for that particular time. This is in line with the Washington State Governor’s COVID-19 restrictions.
- A Liability Release form is included at the time of booking so guests will have visibility of this release form at the time of their booking. Signature of the Release Form will be required at the mountain just prior to the luge reservation.
- We require all visitors to wear face coverings that cover both the mouth and nose when you arrive, during the instructional clinic and the snowcat ride, and anytime you are around others. Six-feet of social distancing is also encouraged. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provide measures for selecting and wearing face coverings. If you arrive without an acceptable face covering, we may offer you a replacement mask or ask you to reschedule your Luge appointment. We reserve the right to deny service to anyone who does not wear an acceptable face covering.
- Refund Policy. If the ski area cancels your appointment you’ll receive a full refund. If you cancel, a full refund is only available if cancellation is done 48-hours in advance. No refunds can be given overwise.
- Throughout the Bear Mountain Luge Experience, you will be hosted by two volunteer guides and a snowcat driver who will also adhere to these same COVID protocols to reduce exposure to our luge guests.
About Luge Sledding
Snowcat service to the Upper Bear Mountain trail system provides access for Luge sledders, featuring a ride up of 5 km and more than 1200’ of elevation gain. The Bear Mountain trails are accessible from the Loup Loup parking lot, allowing for Luge sledders to ride more than 12 km of groomed trails.
View map [PDF]
- Luge Sledding is popular in Europe, and provides another recreational option at The Loup for outdoor winter enthusiasts.
- Luge Sledding differs significantly from Olympic Luge, which uses artificial banked tracks, while Luge Sledding uses existing non-banked groomed trails.
- Luge Sledding offers family-oriented, steerable sleds with single and double options.
- Luge Sledding is easy to learn, challenging to master and exciting to ride.
- Luge Sledding connects to the natural environment on a groomed trail system all can enjoy.