Feb. 29th, 2020 – Closed for the season due to warm weather.
Loup Loup was excited to introduce Luge Sledding to the Northwest and is indeed the very first area in the Western U.S. to offer Luge Sledding.
Snowcat service to the Upper Bear Mountain trail system provides access for Luge sledders, featuring a ride up of 5 km and more than 1200’ of elevation gain. The Bear Mountain trails are accessible from the Loup Loup parking lot, allowing for Luge sledders to ride more than 12 km of groomed trails.
Luge Sledding will be open on weekends and holiday weeks throughout the season. The Loup will offer periodic free instructional clinics on how to Luge Sled safely. Luge sledding is a physical activity which does involve some walking and requires some level of fitness. Like any snowsport there is risk associated with participating in luging
No children under the age of 6
Ages 6 – 9 must ride with an Adult
Age 10 may ride solo upon approval
- Luge Sledding is popular in Europe, and provides another recreational option at The Loup for outdoor winter enthusiasts.
- Luge Sledding differs significantly from Olympic Luge, which uses artificial banked tracks, while Luge Sledding uses existing non-banked groomed trails.
- Luge Sledding offers family-oriented, steerable sleds with single and double options.
- Luge Sledding is easy to learn, challenging to master and exciting to ride.
- Luge Sledding connects to the natural environment on a groomed trail system all can enjoy.